Leaders of the pharmaceutical industry are rethinking their role to make the health system more integrated and to develop shared and decentralized management.
• To take more global policies to directors and managers in the Brazilian pharmaceutical industry and to debate their role and rethink their commitments
WHAT WAS DONE
• A set of nine talks was organized in 2013 jointly with the Pharmaceutical Industry Research Association (Interfarma) on the following topics: the challenges of health management in Brazil; the limits and perspectives of the SUS; the judicialization of health; the incorporation of technologies in health; the future of hospitals; regulation; the future of doctors; the agendas of the medical professions’ entities; and clinical research and medical innovation.
• A publication was produced with a register of all the events in 2014 entitled “Interfarma Cycle of Debates: Healthrelated policies”.
RESULTS OR IMPACTS GENERATED
• Intense debate about policies, the result of which was the reformulation of old dilemmas, as the following examples show:
• Whereas previous thinking was related to whether the system should be public or private, now there is reflection on how the existing subsystems can complement and support each other.
• Whereas the previous focus was on federal, state and municipal responsibilities, it is now important to look to shared and decentralized management.
• Whereas previous issues emphasized prevention or treatment, priority for programs such as ‘family doctors’, or investments in reference hospitals, now there is belief in a whole and integrated system.
• The “Interfarma Cycle of Debates: health-related policies” publication was widely circulated through paper and digital means.
MAIN PROJECT INDICATORS
• Invitations to researchers from GVHealth to attend pharmaceutical industry events
• Invitations to GVHealth researchers to attend computer equipment and IT solutions events
• Partnerships with Health Ministry bodies
• Partnerships with Interfarma
• Company or organization
• Sector or community